Saturday, October 4, 2008

What Did Anna Eshoo Say about the Bailout?

2008-09-28:
Update on the Financial Rescue Package


As I continue my work representing you, I’m mindful of the profound responsibility I have to you and my solemn obligation to do my utmost to protect the taxpayer and help bring our country through the largest financial crisis in the history of the world. I believe if we do nothing, our ability to obtain a home mortgage, a car loan, a loan for small businesses, or even a credit card will become highly difficult or impossible. Even more financial institutions could fail and millions could lose their savings, thousands of jobs could be lost, and large parts of our economy could cease to function. The repercussions would be far greater than the cost of a financial rescue program. Let me know what you think . I value what my constituents say to me because I always benefit from your ideas.

No comments: